General rules and information
Upon registering for courses at Speak Norsk, students accept that:
- It is the responsibility of the individual student to maintain awareness of class dates, days, times, hours and course duration.
- All requests to/questions asked to the school will only be considered valid/binding via written email communication. Course postponements, rescheduling will not be considered valid if taken by phone.
- All inquiries about schedules, courses shall be addressed to the reception/administration and not teachers.
- All communication with Speak Norsk staff should remain professional and limited to official communication channels.
- Course teachers and location may be subject to change under certain circumstances.
- Course registration is confirmed under the name of the registrant alone and cannot be transferred to other students.
- Guests of students are not permitted on school premises for the full or partial duration of the students’ courses unless under permission given expressly by Speak Norsk staff in advance in written to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak Norsk’ s original materials can not be shared with external parties, either physically or digitally. Failure to comply will be considered a breach of confidentiality and Speak Norsk may take further legal charge.
- Speak Norsk maintains zero tolerance for discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation of Speak Norsk staff or students. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal of the student from the school and may be subject to further legal action.
- At the end of each level, students who have completed a minimum of 80% of the course and/or have passed the final test will receive a digital course certificate. If the student may need a hard copy of the certificate, he/she can request it at the school’s reception free of charge.
- Speak Norsk detains the right to withhold the participant’s course certificate if the student has not entirely completed the payment for the course.
- One Norwegian lesson represents 45 minutes of instruction in standard group classes. For private lessons, one hour will be considered as 60 minutes.
- The participant is to bring all necessary course materials to each lesson. If the student has forgotten the materials home, he/she may request a copy to be borrowed at the reception free of charge.
- Teachers are to follow the course ́s curriculum. If a student requires extra materials, exercises he/she may ask the teacher for online assistance and follow-up outside class hours, without disturbing colleagues or the class continuation.
- Students are to come on time to the class. If the student is to show up late (more than 10 minutes) repeatedly, he/she will receive an official warning from the teacher in regards to disturbing the class. In such cases, the student will lose the possibility of repeating the course for free by not being committed to learn, losing important information taught in class and disturbing the other classmates.
- When in class, students ́ phones need to be changed to vibration mode to not disturb others.
- Questions regarding the class contents, material, homework can be asked only during the lesson or if the teacher instructs the student to have a short chat after the class. The teacher can deny to answer any questions during the breaks in order to be able to rest.
- Cancellation of privately-scheduled courses/hours must be done at least 24 hours in advance in order to avoid payment for the booked hour. In case the school is notified too late or the student does not show up for the private class, the hour will be missed with no right of rescheduling/recovering and payment for the according class will have to be completed.
- In order to start a scheduled course, there is a required minimum number of participants (4). Speak Norsk school reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course when the number of confirmed participants is lower than required. The school also holds the right to change/adjust start dates, times and teachers accordingly.
Upon registration, course participants agree on:
- The reception of emails, SMS messages and phone calls from Speak Norsk about current and upcoming programs.
- The possibility of pictures/videos being taken during any of Speak Norsk’ s courses or activities. To avoid participation in these photos, written requests need to be submitted to Speak Norsk administration in written.
- The registration/storing of students’ personal information in our database (directly and voluntarily provided to us by students).
Postponement and rescheduling policy
- Students who wish to postpone the progression of course packages are able to do so, space permitting, for a processing fee. Such requests need to be submitted in written to email@example.com and need to be approved by the administration/reception with a confirmation via reply by email. Requests of postponement submitted less than 14 days before the starting date of the course will become subject to a fee of 700 NOK.
- Changing of course schedule is also permitted upon approval from the administration. Requests can only be processed free of charge if given a minimum of two weeks (14 days) prior notice in written before the starting date of the course.
- Requests of schedule change submitted less than 14 days before the starting date of the course will become subject to a fee of 700 NOK. All rescheduling requests have to be submitted also by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students, regardless of circumstances, are eligible to attend cover sessions covering missed content for free of charge, space permitting. For cover sessions ́schedule options, please send an inquiry to email@example.com.
- Free of charge course repetition is only permitted under the condition that the student has attended all classes (100% attendance) and has submitted all home assignments (homework) on time for the full duration of the course, and that has failed the official Norwegian exam corresponding with the level to be repeated.
- Free of charge repetition of course can also be granted to students who had 100% attendance in class and can prove his/her active participation through a confirmation from the teacher, but feel as they are not ready or prepared for the next level due to specific circumstances.
- Students who have had less than 100% attendance can repeat any level course for the price of 3500 NOK (50% of the original price/level).
- Payment for all courses (individual levels and packages) must be received by the start of the student’s first day of class.
- Payment for courses can be accepted either via bank card through the website, at your bank terminal located at the school’s reception or online via invoice. Should payment not be received by the given deadline, Speak Norsk reserves the right to obtain payment via charging the student’s pre-registered bank card. Should payment not be received more than 14 days past the payment deadline, unpaid invoices may be sent to collection authorities, after sending 2 payment reminders.
- The Viking Offer (for beginners, for intermediate), as well as the One-Year-Program fees can be paid in six installments only after requesting through our website or through our language consultants at the school.
- Any course or any level package that was registered with a discount can not be fully refunded or cancelled.
- Discounts and promotions can not be transferred to relatives, spouses or friends.
- Speak Norsk offers group discounts only in cases of 4 people or more.
- Exclusive discounts offered to students can not be shared and will not be valid to third parties.
- Monthly installments for programs such as Viking Offer or Two-level/Three-level course packages/One-Year-Program do not pause/stop if one shall take a break between levels or postpone for a later date/term. The monthly instalments shall serve as a guarantee and confirmation of a student ́s comeback and will guarantee him/her a seat in the desired group upon resuming their studies.
- If a student is no longer able to attend classes due to debilitating health or unforeseen problematic situations, he/she needs to present relevant documentation to Speak Norsk staff verifying the unavoidable circumstances and inability to continue the program. Only once this request is approved by the school ́s administration, can the student be eligible for reimbursement of course fees.
- In the event of need for cancelation of a course, eligibility for reimbursement of course fees/suspension of invoice payment can only be upheld when a formal cancellation request is submitted a minimum of 14 days before the start of the course.
- Students who have booked package courses, including the Viking Offer, One-Year-Program are bound to continue with the entire program. Shall special circumstances interrupt the student’s study program, discontinuation of the course may be approved on a case-by-case basis. Under these conditions, students will still be required to pay the original price (6999 NOK per level) for the completed levels and no additional cancellation fees. (valid from January 2020).
- Free of charge cancellation of any course if possible if given prior notice of a minimum of 14 days before the starting date of the course.
- Cancellation requests on or after the starting date of the course will become a subject to a fee of 10% of the original price (before applied discounts).
- Cancellation of any course is accepted only by email and not by phone, voicemail.
Last updated on 30.12.2019